Attitude is a reflection of the person inside. And while the external circumstances in your life might go crazy from time to time, you can always chart your own path by grabbing onto a great attitude. Viktor Frankl, psychologist and survivor of the holocaust in World War II, observed the following: We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms- to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.
- eatsuburbia: i always want patron on ice
- eatsuburbia: i am seriously about to start drinking
- eatsuburbia: this is bad
- skyblueskies: i know me too
- skyblueskies: um
- skyblueskies: if we finish our papers in the next half hour
- skyblueskies: and then... maybe drink...
- skyblueskies: is that a yesi hear?
- skyblueskies: yes?
- skyblueskies: YES?
- eatsuburbia: ...brains so good swore you went to college
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
(source from here)
To build on that theory, Lil’ Wayne and Anna Wintour clearly pilot a Mars-bound spaceship. Rachel Zoe is an honorary passenger, and that Emmy’s red carpet presenter is also on board.
Don’t ask how this theory came to be, but think about it. It’s so obviously true.
- paulmarkovich: i'm super lame
- skyblueskies: why?
- paulmarkovich: i'm trying to re-word miley to make it "party at the u of a"
- skyblueskies: STOP IT NOW
- skyblueskies: if miley isn't old enough to go to the bars, she's not old enough to be played in them
- paulmarkovich: so i put my hands up, take another shot, time to go crazay, yyeaahhh, party at the u of a
- skyblueskies: NOOOOOOO
- skyblueskies: YOU'LL BE THE PRINCE AND I'LL BE THE PRINCESS
- skyblueskies: you're going to have to put up with this a lot
- eatsuburbia: one day i will reach a breaking point and blast thrice
- skyblueskies: i hate thrice
- eatsuburbia: i know you hate thrice
Can we do lots of fun fall things now that it’s finally getting cold? I’ve been waiting for so long for it to get below 75. Wheeeeee!
(Thanks, walpaper). This is really silly, but I am really not trying to write a French composition about Montaigne right now.
I am a cuddler
I am a morning person
I am a perfectionist
I am a night person
I am an only child
I am Catholic
I am currently in my pajamas
I am currently suffering from a broken heart
I am okay at styling other people’s hair
I am left handed
I am addicted to my myspace
I am very shy around the opposite gender
I bite my nails
I can be paranoid at times
I currently regret something that I have said
When I get mad I curse frequently
I like someone a lot
I enjoy jazz music
I enjoy smoothies
I enjoy talking on the phone
I have a pet
I have a secret that I am ashamed to reveal
I have a tendency to fall for the wrong person
I have all my grandparents
I have at least one sibling
I have been told that I am smart
I have broken a bone
I have Caller I.D. on my phone
I have bathed/showered with someone
I have changed a diaper
I have changed a lot over the past year
I have done something illegal
I have friends who have never seen my natural hair
I have had surgery
I have killed another person
I have had my hair cut within the last week
I have had the cops called on me
I have kissed someone I knew I shouldn’t